This video-based training is designed to increase officers' skills and their ability to handle one of the most common yet complicated calls in police work: the domestic violence call.
• The changing role of law enforcement
• Dynamics of an abusive relationship
• Interviewing the victim, suspects and children
• Establishing probable cause
• Determining self-defense and primary aggressor
• Writing effective reports
• Investigating strangulation
• Investigating harassment and stalking cases
The relationship between the offender and victim combined with the highly volatile nature of these cases makes every aspect of police investigation difficult.
Curriculum also contains a variety of domestic violence re-enactments for participants to analyze.
Developed by the Law Enforcement Resource Center and the National Training Project of Duluth, Minnesota.
Video Segment Times: 31:15, 1:52, 12:00, 18:00, 32:00, 51:00
You can order this product via email (email@example.com) OR call 1-800-879-8273 M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm CST - after hours or weekends 612-718-2674.